Thursday, April 3, 2008

Our Trip







Hello all I was told I needed to write on here more. Well hopefull this will be a long post and make up for my lack of speedy posts.






Ray and I went on a week trip to visit family. We flew to Utah (with his parents) rented a car and drove to his grandparents home in Idaho. They live in a small town near Rexburg population 500 or so. There was still snow piled higher than cars in the church parking lot. I don't remember seeing so much flat land as there was there.




We spent 3 1/2 days there, where we also saw some of his Uncles and Aunts, did an egg coloring contest with one and I won 85 cents! Woo-hoo! Rays Uncle did a dollar for first (didn't get that) two seconds at 50 cents three thirds for a quarter four forths at 15 cents and five fifths for ten cents (there might have been more). I also tried my first Thai food. The place we went was yummy!






On Sunday (we left on Wednesday) we spent half the day at his grandparents house and then left to go back to Utah. We arrived in Utah and ate dinner at another Aunts house (turkey, mashed potatoes, veggies, DEVILED EGGs) it was great! Then we left to see Trent and Natalie (Ray best friend and his wife). We stayed at his aunts house and went to Centerville on Monday to stay with my Grandma (Rays parents stayed with another Aunt). On Monday night we went with some friends on a date to the Mayan, this is a themed restaurant in Sandy. This night they were doing fire stuff. On the video you don't need sound.








Tuesday was Joanna and I time (Ray went to play video games with Trent). We ran a few errands, ate lunch, got some Cold Stone, and a couple movies. I picked up a Birthday present from my mom while I was there.






Wednesday was the day we traveled home. We flew into Albuquerque and went to the Texas Road House for my Birthday dinner. they have a birthday thing where they make you sit on a saddle attached to a mobile thing. I wonder if they do this to keep people from lying about it being their Birthday. There was also about 6 other birthdays while we were there.


ok so I can't figure out how to turn this picture. You can barely see the saddle.

It was a great trip but I'm sooooo glad to be home.

5 comments:

Kate said...

So when I talked to you last night I completely forgot it was your birthday...what kind of sister AM I? soooo...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (a day late) I'm glad you had fun! Bytheway...I think we are planning on Christmas out here NEXT year now...still trying for Thanksgiving here but Joanna can't come and I'm not sure mom and dad will be in a position to come either. Anyhow...thought I'd leave a comment. :0)

Kate said...

ps...you have to turn the picture on your computer BEFORE you post it.

kB said...

Happy Birthday to Laura...
Glad you had fun and hope this is just the first of lots of fun trips.

Beth said...

Hey, I liked your post! Love the picture of Ray and the snow at Grandma's house (I remember it being snowy like that a couple times when I went up). That fire thing is amazing. And the saddle is funny! :-) You look like you're having fun even though that would be uncomfortable for an extended amount of time.

Carrie S. said...

It's great to see you have a blog..and that you had a fun trip visiting family! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I can't remember if I told you on the phone last week. If not, I so totally suck. Miss you!