Thursday, April 10, 2008

NM History

Well, I have to take NM History for my major and let me tell you I have an annoying teacher. To point out some bigger problems. I just don't understand why we have to learn the three different ways people said Christopher Columbus' name, why do I have to listen to Zona Arida instead of Arizona? I also wonder why we are 4 weeks behind...oh wait maybe it's because he gets off track constantly. We spent a class period (3 hours) worth talking about Spain, half a class talking about ancient medicine, watched movies about an Indian calendar. Also, I get tired of hearing him say stuff in Spanish all the time. Last time I checked the main language in the US was English. I'm just glad I am down to 3 weeks left.

1 comments:

kB said...

BUT, when they HISTORY, it can mean ANY OF IT, right?

Such a wonderful experience to gain cultural insight, right? Who knew there were so many different meanings for even the simplest ideas, I didn't! Just thought I wasn't smart enough to understand. Now I know we used the same words, but didn't really have the same meaning.
Stay strong and keep learning and writing these great blogs!