Sunday, July 27, 2008

A new start

After a few years of mostly being unhappy and no progress toward the temple Ray and I are going our separate ways. I surprisingly am doing well with this. Someone (who knows everything) suggested that we started distancing ourselves emotionally long ago. I do wonder if that's true. So, I have moved to Utah to start over. I will try to go to school as soon as I can. I am still planning on going into teaching but it may take longer since I need to get residency here. I have thought of going to a church school so there is no out of state tuition. I am also looking for a job and may be selling my car to get a cheaper one. I have a feeling things are going to be fine.

4 comments:

Jacob and Magen said...

Laura, I would really like to take you out to lunch...You need to call me. I left you my phone number on Facebook. I am so happy for you and your new start. And I wish all the luck in the world.
Mag

Abbie Nelson said...

You're a brave woman...and I applaude you! It's hard to take all those plans and move on. I'm so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I am so sorry! But I am also proud of you!! The temple is such a wonderful place and a great goal to work towards!! I am also glad you have a blog!! Now we can keep in touch better.
One more thing, I didn't know you were so talented! Those flower arrangments are so pretty!! Good job!

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

Wow...

You know, about a month ago I was on here and noticed that you hadn't written anything about your husband. You also mentioned that you had a new blog and the name was changed and I wondered if everything was all right.

I'm sorry that this had to happen, but just like Abbie says, YOU ARE BRAVE. I pray that this won't keep you down and that you'll be able to keep your chin up.

Good luck on getting a job and a cheaper car. We have a '97 Toyota Corolla and we just love it. Those are some good engines in those cars. We also had a 96' Oldsmobile and it's engine was bullet proof. That was the best car...until someone stole it and ruined it two weeks before I had Darren (my second). So there's a couple options on some cheaper, reliable cars. But still be wise in what you choose, make sure you aren't getting jipped!

I hope you know that I'm thinking about you and I am happy to know that you know you'll be fine. There's no way you can make it unless you have faith in yourself.