Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer

So it's summer, thank goodness. I have been working on a few projects. I have a friend getting married this summer and I am a bridesmaid.

My dress is a sleeveless dress so I asked if I could make a jacket to wear with it. This is my finished product. It is the same color as the dress.I also made a centerpiece fot the reception. This is my first try. I really like the bucket, it was a light blue so I spray painted it and it ended up with a kind of swirly look. I have since decided for a centerpiece it is to huge. I will be downsizing it and I hope the new product looks as good.

I have six other buckets. I am going to take the buckets and flowers with me and put them together in my hotel room. The wedding is in Oregon on the beach. I also have shovels that may get worked in to the final thing.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Wow!! Cute jacket, Laura; you did a fantastic job with it. I'm super-impressed.

And nice job with your centerpiece! The colors remind me a little of my mom's wedding bouquet (have you ever seen it?)

Kate said...

Oh! So you ARE still alive! Good job on both. I agree the bouquet is a little big...you don't want people having to try to look around the centerpieces while they are talking at the tables. :0) Cool idea with the buckets (especially for a beach wedding) and I would definitely add the shovels! Love you!

Jacob and Magen said...

Way cute! The jacket came out beautifully. Good Luck! Hopefully jake and I will make a trip to New Mexico sometime soon

Carrie S. said...

Laura!!!!!!!!!

The jacket is perfect and the centerpieces are absolutely gorgeous! Can you bring everything on the plane? I can't wait to see you!!! Oh, and I love the idea of the shovels too. The indoor tables are huge but the outdoor ones are smaller so just bring it all and we'll make it beautiful. How do you feel about being in charge of decorating the reception site? *cheesy, hopeful grin* You have a great eye and I think you might be the one person who can pull all of our decorations together. I'll talk to you soon! Muah!!

Becky said...

hey where are the pics from your trip?!?! Also I have the pics from 4th of July! It's all on my blog! I love you and hope you are doing well!

BExx

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.