Friday, March 21, 2008

Substitutes

So yesterday, I got the joys of subbing for 6 out of the seven periods I work. Periods one through four were in a math class. I absolutely enjoyed this even though some of the students didn't understand what I taught. Then I subbed in another math class where the kids did great. The sixth time I subbed was an art class. Where joy of joys one student constantly was disrupting class, eating paper, and writing on the desk. So, I went him to the office. I can say I enjoyed the experience though by the end of the day my patience was shot. I can now understand why the teachers only teach 5 out of 8 periods in a day. They need sanity time.

Today, I was lucky enough to be the only Aide without any subs to do. Yeah! That is until 11:25 when I get a call from the office asking me to give up my lunch to do lunch duty. First, this is 4 minutes before the bell that brings bliss and my lunch to me. I absolutely HATE giving up my lunch, but I have always had a hard time saying no. Though it does make it harder when I hear everyone is doing it all of the other IA's are giving up their lunch. And then they proceed to name them all. So of course I can't be the only selfish IA and say no at that point. So I did it. It wasn't too bad but still very annoying.

0 comments: